MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Particles get stuck on collision sometimes

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian MurphyParticles get stuck on collision sometimes
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 8:13:18 pm

Hey guys, I'm using some of the presets ion the content browser to have Thinking Particle emitters send out particles that can collide with tubes. The tubes have a SUCTION at the opening allowing the particles to get sucked into the tube. The tube is an organic shape so I displaced the polygons a little after I converted to a mesh.

Every time I preview this scene, there are particles that get stuck on the inner wall of the tube. I've tried varying the surface and bounce properties in the collision but no dice. My normals are facing the collision direction properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Brian

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Particles get stuck on collision sometimes
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 9:11:40 pm

what shape are the particles?

Return to posts index

Brian MurphyRe: Particles get stuck on collision sometimes
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 9:38:26 pm

Ahhh, good question!

But, without reservation towards them being some odd shape, they are simply spheres.

I think I solved this though. There has to be a really strong force pulling them in the direction towards which I want them to go. I added a wind tunnel and it seems to keep them from sticking. In this case, I WANT that sudden burst of speed from the particles as they enter the tube.

But I don't know what I would do if I didn't' need that speed boost, they would still stick....I suppose I would have the same problem. So, without any dire need for an immediate answer, how would I solve it?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]