MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dynamics won't stop

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy LeightonDynamics won't stop
by on Nov 21, 2011 at 3:40:49 am

I have a simple problem. I have built a small tower out of simple blocks. I gave them all dynamics properties and threw a ball at them. Everything looks great except for the fact that the block never stop moving. In fact, they move before the ball even hits them. It looks like they are gently vibrating or something. If you don't throw the ball at them they will eventually just fall down on their own.

After the ball hits them they slide all over the place like they were made of ice and I have the friction set so high that they shouldn't even slide over each other.

What is up with this? I have never been able to get my dynamics to even mimic reality even slightly.

You can download the actual C4D file here: Building VAR_03.c4d

Please, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I just want the block to remain perfectly still until the ball hits them. Then I want the blocks to fall like they would in reality and then come to a complete rest by them selves.

I cannot set the dynamic for the blocks to be ON COLLISION because part of the tower will collapse and the block on top will just float. This is no good. I want the dynamics to be on for the entire duration of the animation but I want them to stop affecting the blocks after they are done falling. I do not want the blocks to continuously slide around slowly.

Please help.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Dynamics won't stop
by on Nov 21, 2011 at 4:51:47 am

I'm getting a 404 with that link (even after I copied and pasted the entire thing)

Return to posts index

Randy LeightonRe: Dynamics won't stop
by on Nov 21, 2011 at 5:28:16 am

I hate that I cannot edit this post to correct the problem.

Here is the link again:

I sure hope this works.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Dynamics won't stop
by on Nov 21, 2011 at 3:14:38 pm

What version of Cinema are you using?

I've got R13 here and the blocks don't move until the sphere hits them. They seem to move naturally, although there is some slow collapse after the initial impact. You can reduce or eliminate that by increasing the linear/angular velocity threshold values in the Dynamics tags. A lot of the motion is being touched off by block five under null nine. I upped the threshold values to 200 and 120 and that stopped the secondary collapse.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved