MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Motion tracking problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel DieuMotion tracking problem
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 6:53:25 am

Hi there, I'm fairly new to Cinema 4D, and I am trying to put a motion tracked motext into a video.

I used Adobe After Effects to turn my video into a JPEG sequence, added scene geometry in Boujou, but when it finally comes down to Cinema 4D, problems start up.

I make a new material, change the texture to load image and select the original video that I'm motion tracking, then I drag the material into a background. Everything is fine when I scroll through the timeline, the motext is motion tracked properly. But when I render it, the motext isn't motion tracked at all. It just stays in the same place as the camera moves.

I think it may be the rendering settings I'm using, but not totally sure. I tried this with 3 different videos and the results are the same. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Motion tracking problem
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 11:23:03 pm

Make sure you have the tracked camera set as the render camera.

Return to posts index

Daniel DieuRe: Motion tracking problem
by on Nov 20, 2011 at 2:20:01 am

Hi Adam, thanks for your help but I found a solution.

When I was done adding the scene geometry in Bojou, I clicked camera solve a second time and did the rest of the steps from there. Somehow, it fixed all the problems I had. Strange.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved