MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

render confusion

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam taylor
render confusion
on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:54:52 am

i added this to another c4d forum, in the hope someone might be able to help...

I have been using the animated model of a newspaper that ships with r13 studio, and have tried to apply an image to the pages of the model, but i am not getting the results i expect upon rendering.

I've created two page textures and have applied them to each page, with uvw mapping and each texture set to either front or back, and in the camera viewport this looks like it is working correctly.

I can see a front and back to the moving page.

When i try to render the frame, then the back image becomes a shiny flat mid-grey colour, and no matter what i have tried i cannot understand what is causing this or how to correct it...can anybody help, please?

I have attached a screengrab showing how it appears in the viewport before and after rendering.
adam

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: render confusion
on Nov 18, 2011 at 3:01:04 am

it looks like you have the cover's texture tag Side set to Front instead of Both like originally, which you would probably want to do if you wanted it to be more realistic anyway, put a second different page texture on then set it to Back so you don't see the front of the page reversed like the example has but with different printing on the other side.

Return to posts index

adam taylor
Re: render confusion
on Nov 18, 2011 at 9:06:53 am

Thanks Brian, for this model i was actually going for the reversed look on purpose! I just couldnt figure why it didnt appear in renders.

I did solve it by having both textures set to Both, whereas before i had the cover set to front and the reversed version set to back (which is how it was set when i posted the question).

I solved it but dont really understand why having them both set to Both doesn't cause the textures to collide...i would have expected using the earlier method to be more likely to work.

rgds
Adam

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]