MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to export for 360º panorama

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dinis
How to export for 360º panorama
on Nov 11, 2011 at 4:23:36 pm

Well, let me start of by saying I know nothing about 3D software. However I need to try it out for another use. I have access to cinema 4d and vray. I need to render out an image with with a spherical projection of the whole scene to be converted into a 360 panorama with another software. Basically I need c4d to output something like this from a given scene:

http://renderstuff.com/publication-files/0133/equirectangular-projection-of...

I placed a camera in the middle of my scene, went to render settings> vray camera> spherical> FOV 360 but I get nothing when I try to export via the picture viewer. Basically I need this tutorial but for c4d, any idea ? http://renderstuff.com/creating-virtual-360-panorama-cg-tutorial/

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: How to export for 360º panorama
on Nov 11, 2011 at 5:55:35 pm

Here's what it looks like to me:

1. Add a VRay camera tag to your camera and set the projection to spherical;

2. In VRay render settings, VRay Camera tab, set type to spherical, check the override FOV box, and set the FOV to 360.

I think that's it. Of course you have to set the appropriate output dimensions.

Return to posts index

David Dinis
on Nov 14, 2011 at 1:40:20 pm

I've tried that, adding a vray physical camera tag to the "normal" camera. I also adjusted aspect ratio to be the correct 2 to 1 and 6000 by 3000 pixels. However, the output is completely twisted, the "horizon" isn't straight. Also, how can you be sure you're rendering with vray when you export ?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Nov 14, 2011 at 4:42:47 pm

Do you have the camera parallel to the ground? If not the horizon will be distorted just as it would be if your were shooting a physical panorama.

If you have VRay Render selected in the render settings then that's what will be output when you save the file.

It does work!

Return to posts index

David Dinis
on Nov 15, 2011 at 12:31:52 pm

Thank you, that was certainly part of the problem. Also I had to try using lights because I guess my exposure was always very low, resulting in black frames. Again, thanks !

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Nov 15, 2011 at 3:18:04 pm

Yeah, that's a tricky part about VRay: light falloff is tied to the scale of your scene.

Return to posts index

Idafe Hernández Plata
on Nov 13, 2012 at 3:53:30 pm

Hello! I'm making a spherical scene with Cinema4D R12 that I want to export to After Effects but in my Vray Physical Camera-Projection I have not the option "Spherical". Do you know why? How could I solve this problem?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Nov 13, 2012 at 9:11:25 pm

You'll find the parameter in the VRay Render settings, in the VRay Camera Tab. Set the type to spherical, check the override FOV box, and set the FOV to 360 degrees.

Return to posts index

Glendon Tingson
on Jun 27, 2015 at 7:58:09 am

Good Day Sir, I have a problem also with these, i need to create panorama in C4D with my projects, i create 7 cameras the problem i think its the camera angles or settings, please help me. Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]