MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

R13 behaving v oddly

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex ReardonR13 behaving v oddly
by on Nov 9, 2011 at 10:09:02 pm

Something is not right at all. Here's what's a'foot;

-I have to move my view to see any change to the objects in any window.
-A new file opens in perspective but, as above, I have to move the user view to actually see the "world"
-All sub menus aren't working. IE right-clicking to select the tags menu only brings up the main drop down, and not the tags.

Its been working really well, until today.

Any thoughts?.....

- Alex -

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: R13 behaving v oddly
by on Nov 10, 2011 at 3:11:15 pm

Sounds like an OpenGL problem but I don't know why it would have changed if it was working before. Did you install new drivers?

You might try disabling OGL and see if that fixes it. If so you might try reinstalling your drivers.

Return to posts index

Alex ReardonRe: R13 behaving v oddly
by on Nov 10, 2011 at 3:32:29 pm

Thanks for the tip, but I've made no changes, and as I'm on a mac, haven't installed any drivers. I was considering reinstalling R13, but then when the problem showed up in 12 as well.....

Any thoughts on what I could do to my mac to fix this as it seems to be a mac problem?..... The thought of lugging the 12 core off to a Genius bar fills me with dread.

Thanks again

-A-

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: R13 behaving v oddly
by on Nov 10, 2011 at 5:04:29 pm

Sorry -- PC guy here so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe check with Maxon tech support?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: R13 behaving v oddly
by on Nov 11, 2011 at 4:56:24 pm

try running Onyx (MacUpdate.com if you don't have it) in Automatic mode. That may not help but it can't hurt - haven't seen or heard anything like this so just guessing.

Return to posts index

Alex ReardonRe: R13 behaving v oddly
by on Nov 13, 2011 at 1:35:35 pm

Thank you All,

It turns out that all I had to do was go to "disk utility" and hit "repair permissions". I'm not sure what that did, but now all apps work faster inc C4D. I have a pal who's a mad mac man and he talked me through it. I'm letting you know so that if this happens again, you guys will know how simple it is to fix and can add it to your encyclopedic knowledge.

Thanks again for being there.

Return to posts index

brian mcleanRe: R13 behaving v oddly
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 7:12:18 am

I had the same problem but repair disk permissions did Not fix.

Can someone help me! this is terrrrrible

Return to posts index

brian mcleanRe: R13 behaving v oddly
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 7:12:30 am

I had the same problem but repair disk permissions did Not fix.

Can someone help me! this is terrrrrible

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2011 at 5:23:30 pm

what version of the OS? Have you done any maintenance other than permissions?

Return to posts index

Jim PierceRe: R13 behaving v oddly
by on Jan 12, 2012 at 8:48:36 pm

Me too me too! After installing r13, i have the same problem in my old version, r11.5. Additionally, i cannot run updates - the program refuses to restart and install.

C4D r13, mac os lion 10.7.2, mac pro v3,1 quad core 2.8x2. ATI Radeon HD 2600. Wacom Intuos 2 w/ latest drivers.

Repairing permissions did not help, turning OpenGL off entirely did not help.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 12, 2012 at 9:22:16 pm

I have that same machine here (and the same at home with a 3870) and no problems but I have 10.5 and 12 but no 11. Also no Wacom. Try staring the Mac in safe boot mode see if it makes a difference - also try logging in as a different user just to see if that works.

Return to posts index

Jim PierceRe: R13 behaving v oddly
by on Jan 12, 2012 at 9:26:23 pm

Safe boot worked, and then a normal boot worked as well. So i have a fix for when it comes up again. Hopefully it won't be a common occurrence.

Mr. Jones, you have my thanks.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 12, 2012 at 9:55:34 pm

safe boot turns off most 3rd party and nonessential stuff, maybe the Wacom drivers are conflicting but it could also be other plugins and 3rd party stuff you have installed - though what would affect C4D like that is beyond me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]