MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

disk to hemisphere bending ?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronny Traufeller
disk to hemisphere bending ?
on Nov 9, 2011 at 3:35:48 pm

i made a more complex disk wich has some ornaments in it, now i want to bend it to an hemisphere. thats
the workflow i was choosing and i thought it should be easy done.

i tried spherify wich does it but it occours strange bendings, wrap(spherical) mades weird things no matter what setting i run, and two bend deformers, wich makes two corners at the bottom ring.

so i got out of ideas here, should be a simple task, at the moment i dont see the solution,

does anybody can help here?

thanks,
ROnny

traufeller.de

Return to posts index

Richard Dunstan
Re: disk to hemisphere bending ?
on Nov 9, 2011 at 3:51:07 pm

Interesting issue.. I don't think any of the deformers would work out.. but what if you toss 7 or so circle splines into a loft nurb all on the same Y position then keyframe these circle splines up the Y to give you a hemisphere? not sure how that would work out though with the ornaments... can you upload your file?

Return to posts index

Ronny Traufeller
on Nov 9, 2011 at 4:14:04 pm

hehe,

thanks for response, the workarround you discribe, i dont really unterstand it! :)

but sounds like a way to walk arround the problem. the things is its saveral splines diplicated via mograph into a cirlce, so i could bend each one, that would give me something to work with.

the file is top secret unfortunatly !!

but i still believe in the disk to hemispere idea! or not, i dont know :)

thanks,
ROnny

traufeller.de

Return to posts index

Richard Dunstan
on Nov 9, 2011 at 4:29:23 pm

yeah, not sure then if this would work, here is a very rough example of what I was talking about though. you could set this up via xpresso so that you only have to animate the 1 circle, I just don't have time so I went with crude hehe.

3230_example2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Ronny Traufeller
on Nov 9, 2011 at 4:42:02 pm

definatly thanks,

the usual shit, i am o 11.5 actually so i cant open it yet :(

traufeller.de

Return to posts index

Richard Dunstan
on Nov 9, 2011 at 5:09:34 pm

=( it's definately an upgrade worth the money.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Nov 10, 2011 at 4:09:38 am

you can dl the demo and look at it that way.
Another possibility depends on how your disk is constructed but the Move Tool with a Soft Selection set to Dome falloff might work too, but it depends on the actual construction

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Nov 10, 2011 at 5:36:38 pm

Probably not what you want to hear, but the way to have done this was to start out with a hemisphere, duplicate the geometry, and then scale it flat. Then you could morph from the flat state to the hemisphere state with the morph tag.

You might be able to do something similar by using the spherify deformer and then running current-state-to-object. Then morph between the flat and spherified geometry instead of using the spherify's strength to animate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]