MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

MoGraph Cloner (Object) question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Colbourne
MoGraph Cloner (Object) question
on Nov 9, 2011 at 2:32:38 pm

I'm trying to create a simple marquee light box with round bulbs going around the box - but for whatever reason, I keep running into the issue that when using a rectangle spline/path, the objects don't seem to lock/snap into the corners to give you more of an even distribution.

I thought I saw a tutorial trick once about this type of issue, but be damned if I can remember WHERE when I need it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Return to posts index

Richard Dunstan
Re: MoGraph Cloner (Object) question
on Nov 9, 2011 at 3:21:00 pm

could you upload your c4d file? what you're trying to accomplish is not so clear, but a guess would be that you answered your own question, set the distribution to even.

Return to posts index

Christopher Colbourne
on Nov 9, 2011 at 3:33:07 pm

Essentially, I drew a rectangle to use as the "object", then drew a simple sphere to clone (that would resemble marquee lights that would flash around a billboard).

Sometimes when I'm spacing, the spheres won't snap into the corners to make it an even distribution.

I'm just wondering if there's a way to "force" that type of snapping into the corners for a more realistic distribution.

Return to posts index

Richard Dunstan
on Nov 9, 2011 at 3:59:48 pm

a .c4d file is worth more than a billion words

here is an example of what I think you're trying to accomplish, if you set ditribution to even then everything should work out..animate the offset and you have them moving around your spline, evenly.
3228_example.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Christopher Colbourne
on Nov 9, 2011 at 4:31:21 pm

3231_c4dlightissues.c4d.zip

There's an example file of what the issue is I'm discussing.

Return to posts index

Richard Dunstan
on Nov 9, 2011 at 5:06:37 pm

looks to me like they stick to the corners ok, I've animated the spheres and it looks ok to me, but maybe I misunderstood..

3232_example3.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]