MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D Laser Cut Plate - Separating cut out parts.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark LowersonC4D Laser Cut Plate - Separating cut out parts.
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 8:33:17 pm

Can anyone help with the following:

I've created a metal plate that has a logo cut out of it (using a Laser). I created this using Sweep NURBS and the boole tool.

My next step is to have the cut out logo rise up out of the plate and have the plate and its remaining pieces fall away.

I don't know how to separate all the pieces though. Even though the plate and logo looks like a bunch of separate parts, I can't figure out how to separate everything.

Can anyone help please?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: C4D Laser Cut Plate - Separating cut out parts.
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 9:44:29 pm

I'm not following you. How, exactly, do you have your objects created? A screenshot of your objects would be useful and/or an upload of your project file.

If you have a cut out plate and your logo, those should be two seperate objects at least.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Richard DunstanRe: C4D Laser Cut Plate - Separating cut out parts.
by on Nov 9, 2011 at 3:41:57 pm

If I understand you correctly you might want to look into some plugins, I bought one called Xplode for 11 bucks and it works great, there are some free ones also, I think I heard something called Xbreaker might be useful and free. it would be a lot of work to set this up without them. then again if you just want your object to collapse with flat polys (not chunks) then you can start by separating your polys and tossing them into a mograph fracture object.

but like Michael the mega poster said, a closer look at the file / more info would be helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved