MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Incorrect file structure! Heeeeelp!

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eri LevinIncorrect file structure! Heeeeelp!
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 1:47:48 am

Hello Everyone,

I have the worst problem ever. Tons of hours of work can't be opened. "Incorrect File Structure" error. EVERYTHING gives me this error, over 30 backup files and 10 saves incremental, nothing opens.

I tried searching and all i could find is the possibility of an empty audio track. (I did have an audio track on my scene) I have sent Maxon the file and was hoping someone new a fix. Basically this project I am working on is several hours of work that has been reviewed by the client as progress has been made. I decided to close my working file to open it on another machine to render (DUE TOMORROW!!!) Now nothing opens.

Anyone know of any magic? MAXON?!

If this a bug, this a serious problem. Imagine all your files silently saving as corrupted files without you knowing.

Terrible.

MAC OS/ INTEL 2x2.6 dual-core/ C4D R13 / 14 GB RAM

Eri

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Incorrect file structure! Heeeeelp!
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 2:33:17 am

I've never heard of this before.

Are you trying to open the files on the render machine or are you trying to open them on the machine you created them on? If it's the render machine, are you sure you have the right version of Cinema installed? You will get an incorrect file structure error if you try to open an R12/13 file in R11 or 11.5.

Return to posts index

Eri LevinRe: Incorrect file structure! Heeeeelp!
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 2:41:43 am

The same machine I created them, and any other machine. I tried a PC and MAC none of them work. I had never experienced something like this before. It's incredibly disappointing that all backup files are corrupted as well.

This most be something related to R13.

Eri

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Incorrect file structure! Heeeeelp!
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 5:33:33 pm

That is very bad. Have you had any response from Maxon?

Return to posts index

Eri LevinRe: Incorrect file structure! Heeeeelp!
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 8:18:06 pm

They only wrote me to tell me that their upload system failed and I needed to send them my file again....(which I did) have not gotten anything back from them.

Eri

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]