MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Mograph Fracture and Randomness

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith SouthernMograph Fracture and Randomness
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:09:51 pm

I'm very new to Cinema 4D and trying to figure out a MoGraph problem I'm having. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an n-Side Hexagon shape that I've put inside an Extrude Nurb. I've placed the extrude nurb inside a Mograph cloner object and cloned the hexagon along the x axis. In order to build up a honeycomb type structure I've placed this first cloner inside a second cloner so that I can off-set the next row up and everything locks into place. This all works fine. What I would now like to do is have these hexagon shapes individually float up through the z axiz only at random speeds and times. I'm using a Mograph Fracture and Random Effector to do this but, and this is the problem, they're not moving individually but as columns.

I can make them move individually by switching the Random Effector's Random Mode to Noise or Turbulence but they 'vibrate' back and forth then rather than move in a single direction.

What am I doing wrong here?

Project File C4Dv12

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Mograph Fracture and Randomness
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 6:06:43 pm

You can turn the animation speed of the noise to 0.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Keith SouthernRe: Mograph Fracture and Randomness
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 7:25:16 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave this a try but the blocks still vibrate, though a lot less, back and forth rather than move consistently from point a to point b. Still stuck.

Figured it out. Turns out the Random Effector was applied to the Fracture and the top level Clone, but not the bottom level Clone. When I copied it into it as well, everything worked fine, the columns broke up into individual elements using just the Random mode rather than noise.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Mograph Fracture and Randomness
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 8:18:32 pm

use the random effector on both cloners and remove it from the Fracture

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved