MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Color and texture variation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sasha ZelmanColor and texture variation
by on Nov 4, 2011 at 3:20:02 pm

What are the useful ways to easily increase color and texture variation in a material? Using Adam's suggestions I see that since it is possible to nest different shaders in Multishader and Layer shaders then it should be possible to exponentially increase the number of variations by using blending modes and alphas and additionally layering materials on top of each other. How far can it go? Can I nest them ten layers deep? What are the standard ways achieving the variety? What are their advantages?
Is there a way to make preview accurate - it appears that it ignores some shaders while displaying others incorrectly.
Is there a way to drag and drop shaders from different materials into texture slots since only one material window can be opened?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Color and texture variation
by on Nov 5, 2011 at 2:17:38 am

I don't think there are limits to the number of layers.
Enabling Enhanced Open GL (if you can) will make the preview more accurate but still not always perfect
Yes you can have more than on material window, just click the icon on the top-right of a material window - the box with a dark stripe and a cross in it (a window with a plus sign).

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Color and texture variation
by on Nov 5, 2011 at 4:31:03 am

It can also be quite helpful to enable the interactive render region (shortcut: Alt + R) which gives a lower resolution preview of the actual render.

Return to posts index

Sasha ZelmanRe: Color and texture variation
by on Nov 6, 2011 at 2:56:52 am

Good tip, Adam. Thank you as always.

Return to posts index

Sasha ZelmanRe: Color and texture variation
by on Nov 6, 2011 at 2:57:50 am

Thank you, Brian... That will simplify things a bit...
I knew it before but forgot...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]