MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Sketchy Pencil Animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos CervantesSketchy Pencil Animation
by on Nov 1, 2011 at 4:20:18 pm

Hi, I'm new to Cinema 4D, and I'm self-learning everything I can doing all kind of tutorials around the web., but I haven't been able to find one for the task I'm doing now.

Also English is not my language so I'm sorry for any weird thing I say.

I modelled a basic pencil, and I animated its position. I'm planning to export it as a PNG Animation and add it to a video I'm editing in AE.

Basically I have two problems, the first one, is I don't know how to make an animated, stroke effect using Sketch and Toon. Just a simple stroke, but sort of jumpy.

The second one, is I'm having problems exporting PNGs with transparent background, when I use the sketch and toon effect.

For Render Settings I'm using FORMAT:PNG, and in the SKETCH AND TOON options, in the SHADING options, I'm changing BACKGROUND from COLOR to OFF. But I'm always getting a black background in my png files.

So, in short, I need to render only the stroke of the pencil, and with a jumpy animation.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: Sketchy Pencil Animation
by on Nov 1, 2011 at 4:38:37 pm

For pencil strokes I have had pretty good results using a tracer object and a flat sweep nurbs connected to the tip.

Return to posts index

Carlos CervantesRe: Sketchy Pencil Animation
by on Nov 1, 2011 at 4:43:59 pm

Thanks Randy,

But maybe I didn't explain myself, I don't want the pencil to draw a stroke, but I need the pencil itself to look Pencil drawn. and look jumpy. I'm using the basic sketch and toon look, when applied to the object, but I need the borders to be glitchy.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Sketchy Pencil Animation
by on Nov 1, 2011 at 5:50:15 pm

Have you tried the presets in the Sketch Material's Main tab? There are several pencil presets. I suggest you set the mode to Advanced, check out some of the presets, and then look at the settings they're using to get a better idea what's going on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved