MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Net-Render and GI

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabe JuhnkeNet-Render and GI
by on Oct 31, 2011 at 8:03:11 pm

I'm trying to render a complex C4d animation with GI, and make full use of the Net-render, rending over 7 Mac Pro's.

I've done a ton of research on GI with hopes of rendering over the network, and my team is currently stuck.

My animation is just over 500 frames in length. I've saved the Irradiance Cache (rendered with a single Mac Pro) in order to prevent flickering. When saving my project file to the server, I'd assume the server would distribute the cache over my network, therefore being able to render across multiple computers. However, every time I start the render via Net-Render, it will only render from the server computer. Am I missing something? Is it even possible to render GI over a network? This doesn't seem to add up to me.

Details...
GI Mode: IR + QMC (Full Animation)
Irradiance Cache File is set to Auto Load
The Cache is saved on the server in the Illum folder.

I appreciate the help!

Thanks!
-Gabe

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Net-Render and GI
by on Oct 31, 2011 at 9:38:47 pm

Maybe try saving the file with the custom location option instead of auto-load? Set the network address to the .gi file as the custom location.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Net-Render and GI
by on Oct 31, 2011 at 9:58:21 pm

Also, since you are doing full animation it's supposed to be faster to let the clients do the caching. Not much help, of course, since you've already rendered the cache.

Return to posts index

Gabe JuhnkeRe: Net-Render and GI
by on Oct 31, 2011 at 10:02:46 pm

The only reason I didn't do the cache with the clients is because I've read a lot about flickering issues when doing this. I'll try doing a few tests on a much shorter animation (say 30 frames) and post my progress.

Again, thank you so much for the help!

-Gabe

Return to posts index

Gabe JuhnkeRe: Net-Render and GI
by on Oct 31, 2011 at 10:00:56 pm

Good idea Adam! I hadn't thought of that. I'll see if it works.

Thanks!
Gabe

Return to posts index

Nichole PettaRe: Net-Render and GI
by on Oct 8, 2012 at 10:52:25 pm

What was the result? Similar situation over here.

Thanks,
Nichole

Return to posts index

Jason ClydeRe: Net-Render and GI
by on Jan 30, 2015 at 10:16:44 pm

Did you ever figure this out? I'm looking for a similar answer regarding R15 and the newer team render.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]