MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Weight maps tool issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joao MonteiroWeight maps tool issue
by on Oct 23, 2011 at 1:59:34 pm

Hello guys,

I'm having a problem that I can't figure it out. I bet is something simple but I can't understand it.
I've modeled a crow, I've textured it and rig it (it's pretty simple).

My rig is affecting the skin normally, with some minor deformations. (no problem)
All my joints have their weight maps apart from neck, head and beak.

I can't figure out why isn't my final joints affecting the mesh. When I select them with my weight tool I can't either paint on them like on the others.

In attachment are two screenshots, one of the joint called "back" that is working properly (parent) and one of the joint head (child).

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Joao MonteiroRe: Weight maps tool issue
by on Oct 23, 2011 at 9:32:48 pm

[QUOTE=Horganovski]What do you see if you go to the Joints tab of the weight tool? Are all the relevant joints showing up in the list there? If not then they have not been added as influences yet. (to do that select the weight tag and drag them into the list, then either run an autoweight command from the Weights Manager or just paint the values in by hand/selections).

Keep in mind that the joints actually refer to the tip joint of each 'bone', so you might need to select the 'Neck' joint in your example to get that large one that runs through the head of the character. The one you have called 'Beak' I would actually call 'BeakTip' or something like that to clarify things while painting. That's just a guess though looking at your screenshot, perhaps the tip joints didn't get added to the bind at all in which case the names are correct currently.

Return to posts index

franky furboRe: Weight maps tool issue
by on May 8, 2013 at 4:13:50 am

i realize this is an old thread, but i had the same problem and figured out the answer, at least for me. i thought i should reply since even though this question is unanswered, it is the 2nd search result on google for people with this problem.

when you are weighting, make sure you have hypernurbs turned off or you won't be able to see the colored weight influences.

Return to posts index

Dean MellisRe: Weight maps tool issue
by on Jun 1, 2014 at 1:59:31 pm

It's an even older thread now. I just wanted to confirm that you need to turn off your nurbs to see the weighting on your joints. This is such an easy thing to forget. Thanks for the tip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved