MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

cloned object with hair

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esteban Bustoscloned object with hair
by on Oct 22, 2011 at 6:41:23 pm

how do i make the hair of a cloned object to use their physics... cause they all stay static through time but when i use the source of the object (with out cloning)it uses the hair physics

someone please help me :)

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: cloned object with hair
by on Oct 22, 2011 at 7:22:40 pm

put the cloner in a Connect Object and add the Hair to that

Return to posts index

Esteban BustosRe: cloned object with hair
by on Oct 23, 2011 at 5:27:34 pm

thanks that worked great, now... sometimes when I preview the cloned hairy objects they apear with out hair (in cloner objects render instances its off)and in other ocationsthey have hair... how do i make to appear all the time with hair when i preview it?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 23, 2011 at 10:05:57 pm

as long as Render Instances is not checked you should have hair on all the objects. I've seen large changes in scale from an effector mess with hair and dynamics can work and sometimes and sometimes will 'flicker' the hair on and off (if stacks fall straight down then rebound back up...) but baking the dynamics seems to fix that.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 24, 2011 at 4:22:03 am

I was just testing and it definitely seems like it's best to bake dynamics first then add the hair after that (assuming you are using dynamics at all)

Return to posts index

Esteban BustosRe: cloned object with hair
by on Oct 24, 2011 at 6:43:12 pm

yeah thanks for the tip... its better to add the hair when the dynamics are set.

thank you for ur help and time

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: cloned object with hair
by on Oct 25, 2011 at 5:02:17 am

[Brian Jones] "put the cloner in a Connect Object and add the Hair to that"

Is there any way to restrict hair to part of a clone using that method? AFAIK it's not possible, but it is with the xspolyinstance plugin. Very cool little helper and quite cheap:

http://www.xsyann.com/116/cinema-4d-plugins/xspolyinstance

Another cool thing you can do with it is create polygon selections on primitive objects ... so long as you don't change the polygon count.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2011 at 10:54:43 pm

[Adam Trachtenberg] "Is there any way to restrict hair to part of a clone"

yes, add a Correction Deformer, make selection(s) and add the hair to that. I just did some testing to see if it will survive dynamics and if I add the Correction deformer at the same level as the Connect (in a null) the hair does not move with the object if dynamics are applied but if the Correction deformer is a child of the Connect it seems to work just fine. I baked the dynamics like earlier.

3142_clonedhairdynamicswithselections.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: cloned object with hair
by on Oct 26, 2011 at 4:13:08 am

Good one! Got to admit I did not appreciate all that the correction deformer can do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]