MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Animation not working on NET Render

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodney SmithAnimation not working on NET Render
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 9:34:31 am

Hi gang,

I'm very new to render farms, but set a small one up recently to render a short animation I'm working on.

Halfway through the animation, I have an invisible primitive which moves to knock over a wall. In the viewport it does this with no problems. When rendering on my own machine, again no probs. When rendering the exact same file through NET Render, the wall remains standing.

The farm consists of three local Macs and a remote PC
Running C4D R12 Studio on one Mac, R13 on the remote PC
No C4D installed on the other two Macs, just the NET Render client
The animation is 80 seconds long at 1920x1080, and 30fps
Everything else renders fine

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rod

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Animation not working on NET Render
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 2:51:43 pm

Sounds like you're using physical simulation? In that case you should cache the dynamics before saving it out for net rendering. Logically, in a simulation the program has to know what happened in earlier frames in order to calculate what happens at the current and subsequent frames. Thus, if you don't cache, it will either have to preroll the whole simulation for each frame (which apparently it won't), or it just fails.

If the wall is built with a mograph cloner you could use a mograph cache tag instead of caching the dynamics. Seems to be quicker in some cases.

Return to posts index

Rodney SmithRe: Animation not working on NET Render
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 2:59:53 pm

You've hit the nail on the head there Adam. I did think it would be something to do with that but am a bit of a n00b so am unsure how to deal with it.

The wall bricks are indeed made with a MoGraph cloner, and dynamics. I shall look into cache tags but if I cannot get that to work, how do you cache the dynamics?

Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rod

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Animation not working on NET Render
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 4:22:47 pm

There's a cache section in the dynamics tag. Just click the Bake button and away you go.

Return to posts index

Rodney SmithRe: Animation not working on NET Render
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 4:25:41 pm

Oh so THAT's what 'bake' is for...

Thanks very much for your help, Adam.

Rod

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]