MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Adding geometry to thinking particles

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave MontagueAdding geometry to thinking particles
by on Oct 20, 2011 at 5:27:11 am

I would like to emulate Krakatoa using tp. I am wondering how do I add geometry to thinking particles. Is there any other way to get the particles to render other than adding geometry?

Thanks,

Dave

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: Adding geometry to thinking particles
by on Oct 20, 2011 at 4:15:22 pm

you need some sort of geometry. Thus the Particle Geometry object, you can assign particle groups to it or it can be the global geometry for the tp.
Its with the tp settings.
For more help you need to be a little more specific.

/Randy

Return to posts index

Dave MontagueRe: Adding geometry to thinking particles
by on Oct 20, 2011 at 4:46:29 pm

Hey thanks Randy. What I am looking for is adding the smallest possible geometry so that when I import millions particles my system won't come to a crawl. To be clear I simply want to add the smallest possible geometry to a thinking particle. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Adding geometry to thinking particles
by on Oct 20, 2011 at 7:09:50 pm

TP is not really built to handle millions of particles like Krakatoa. It will bring your system to its knees even without geometry.

That said, if you have the hair module you can use it to render much faster than geometry. What you do is create a particle geometry object, assign a hair material to it, and then assign a Hair render tag to it. You'll probably have to adjust the thickness setting in the hair material in order to see the result.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]