MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Video with alpha channel

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jon sendallVideo with alpha channel
by on Oct 16, 2011 at 3:47:19 am

Ok, I have a piece of video, quicktime generated with PNG's and an alpha channel. The footage is two seconds of a an arc of lightning. It was generated in AE as an effect and isn't original footage.

So I created a plane in C4D (v13), created a new material and then started experimenting. I cannot seem to find a satisfactory way to generate the brightness in the footage, in fact sometimes losing visibility altogether. In the material window I have an alpha channel where I can play with gamma etc but never seem to make the image appear and the alpha channel appear see through. The plane always shows up. Can somebody tell me where and in what fashion the original movie should be placed in the material menu so that only the image appears and the alpha and plane disappears? The effect of the lightning in the animation I will supplement with extra lights timed with the crack of lightning.

Thanks folks

Story, not pixels.

JPSendall

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: Video with alpha channel
by on Oct 16, 2011 at 8:39:30 am

You are going to want that in the luminance channel, and again in the Alpha.
I would not mess around with the alpha settings too much.
In the Lum. channel you can work out the brightness and if you are rendering GI the illumination tab will give you more options for the light that comes from the bolt.

/Randy

Return to posts index

jon sendallRe: Video with alpha channel
by on Oct 16, 2011 at 3:31:24 pm

Great. Thanks Andy. I've been away from C4D for a while.

Story, not pixels.

JPSendall

Return to posts index

jon sendallRe: Video with alpha channel
by on Oct 16, 2011 at 5:39:13 pm

Ok bumped into another problem.

The video will play in the first few seconds (the vid is only 2 seconds long) but I need it to play further down the timeline. I can't seem to turn on animation for the texture or keyframe the video so it only plays where I want it to. Do I need to add a tag to the material or am I missing some kind of switch that allows me to move the beginning of the vid to where I want it?

Cheers

Story, not pixels.

JPSendall

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Video with alpha channel
by on Oct 17, 2011 at 1:55:55 pm

If you click on the file path in the material you will get another dialogue in the attributes manager. There are tabs at the top. Click on the animation tab and that will bring up the options you need. Specifically, you need to set the timing to "Range" and then specify the start/end frames where you want the animation to play. You should also click the calculate button.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]