MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Controling size of clones along tracer

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sasha Zelman
Controling size of clones along tracer
on Oct 14, 2011 at 4:02:01 pm

I want to create animation of moving spheres that leave behind diminishing trail of spheres. So far I have put a sphere in a cloner, connected the cloner to a tracer and put random effector in noise mode. That gave me randomly moving spheres that leave behind a trace. Then I have put another sphere into another cloner in object mode with the link to the tracer. So far so good - the moving spheres leave behind the trail of spheres. The problem comes when I put step effector in the second cloner to create diminishing effect, since the effector sees all trails as one and the diminishing of trail sizes happens across all trails rather that with individual trails. Is there a solution?

PS.It looks like I can do the above project using MoInstances, bur for educational reasons I would like to know the solution for my original approach

Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Controling size of clones along tracer
on Oct 14, 2011 at 8:08:23 pm

I don't think there's an easy way to do that with a step effector. You can see why if you turn the second cloner's display to UV in the transform tab. The UVs run down one tracer segment, then start at the next, and so on. The step affector works according to UV order.

Return to posts index

Sasha Zelman
Re: Controling size of clones along tracer
on Oct 17, 2011 at 3:36:07 pm

It's a pity, but thank you a lot for all your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]