MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Bursting through paper

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan WalkerBursting through paper
by on Oct 14, 2011 at 12:41:18 am

What I am trying to create is products bursting through paper. Almost as if they were high school football players running through the cheerleader's huge paper sign and onto the field. Is there a way to do that via the cloth tag? Can anyone offer any insight or direct me to any decent tutorials? I was going to use the explosion effect, but that was a last resort.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Bursting through paper
by on Oct 14, 2011 at 3:35:18 am

You can use cloth for this. You have to use it in conjunction with the clothnurbs object, and check the "tear" box in the cloth tag (tag tab).

Return to posts index

Jake mendezRe: Bursting through paper
by on Mar 18, 2013 at 4:37:09 pm

bringing this thread from the graveyard-Im trying to accomplish the "players through a banner" look also. Been playing with cloth settings for a while and cant seem to get it right. If any experts see this and would like to help me out with a couple of questions, it is much appreciated.

*the object bursting through banner is actually taller than the banner, so it is also kind of like the tape at the end of a race (object isnt hidden by banner).
1-I want the banner to tear along a "seam" so that it appears an object rips through it, right now a huge chunk of cloth sticks to the front of the moving object. is there a way to paint a vertex map to tell it to rip along a single row of points?

2-Is there a way to "freeze" movement of a static cloth, so that it has the appearance of a banner (some give to the fabric, some very tiny ripples)? I can't figure out how to accomplish this with wind.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved