MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

CMotion: Coordinate Keyframes Do Not Appear In Timeline

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Kuehnapfel
CMotion: Coordinate Keyframes Do Not Appear In Timeline
on Oct 13, 2011 at 3:54:25 pm

I'm new to character animation and excited about R13's new CMotion. However I think there needs to be many more tutorials/explanations about its myriad features. One of the first things I notice when I add a CMotion walk to a fully rigged human character is the palms remain horizontal to X axis. Why? The only way I can seem to fix this is via the wrist tip target goal controller and then adjust the rotation coordinates until the hand looks correct. But these do not follow the built-in animated motion so I have to create keyframes in the attribute manager to keep the hand swinging naturally with the arm. But for some reason these keyframes do not appear in the timeline, so there's no way to easily adjust them. The Show functions in the timeline's View menu don't work and neither does a direct right-click on the attribute's coordinate. Yet the keyframes themselves seem to work the way I expect them to, I just can't see them in the timeline. Any helpful suggestions will be welcome.

Regards, Eric.
Post 2K Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

Eric Kuehnapfel
Re: CMotion: Coordinate Keyframes Do Not Appear In Timeline
on Oct 14, 2011 at 12:06:01 am

OK, so after more experimentation I had better luck aligning the hands with the regular biped rig as opposed to the advanced biped rig. My guess is that keyframes for the wrist tip target goal controller in the advanced biped rig need certain conditions in order to see them in the timeline? I would still love to see more tutorials on this new R13 module.

Regards, Eric.
Post 2K Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]