MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Mograph tags issue?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Jones
Mograph tags issue?
on Oct 12, 2011 at 3:24:49 am

Hey guys,

Not sure why but my Mograph tags will not work. I was playing around just trying to test the Tags, something like this:

No go. Tags when added, do nothing.

Running 4D R11.5 on an iMac Mac OSX 10.6.8.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Mograph tags issue?
on Oct 12, 2011 at 3:51:46 am

Can you be more specific? Which tags? Trying to do what?

Return to posts index

Matt Jones
on Oct 13, 2011 at 2:40:00 am

Sorry, forgot you can't post links to youtube.

I added a cube primitive to a cloner object

Made the cloner object editable, and added Mograph rigid body tags to each cube. Added a floor, mograph rigid body tag, as well.

I intended to test the dynamics engine, to see how the cubes would react, but nothing happened when I added the tags to the cloned objects, and moved along the timeline. I tried quitting and re-opening 4d, restarting the computer, changing my scene..etc. No go. Everything else seems to work fine, no issues.

Am I missing a step, I am kinda green in 4D? But online tutorials (r11.5) say it should work.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Oct 13, 2011 at 3:36:52 am

I never had 11.5 but I believe you had to have dynamics happen inside a mograph cloner or a fracture object. I don't know if that's true for colliders as well. Since you made your cloner editable it isn't a cloner anymore so that should break it. Others will know for sure.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Oct 15, 2011 at 1:15:42 pm

Right, in 11.5 dynamic objects have to be either clones or children of a fracture object. Colliders can be anything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]