MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Motion camera

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Yau
Motion camera
on Oct 7, 2011 at 6:24:06 pm

How do i get a camera follow an object around ?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Motion camera
on Oct 7, 2011 at 10:53:48 pm

You mean you want the camera's position to follow the object's position, or you just want the camera to point at the object?

Return to posts index

James Yau
on Oct 9, 2011 at 11:25:26 am

I want the camera to follow an object ( the objects position). For example think of some red blood cells floating down a vain or some kind of tube, i create an emitter and want the camera to follow one of the objects from the emitter though out the tube.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Oct 10, 2011 at 1:50:15 pm

In that case it depends a bit on how the object is animated. For example, if it's just a regular object KF'd by hand you could simply make the camera a child of the object, or use the Timeline's motion path to spline function, and then align the camera to the spline. Or you could use a PSR constraint (characher>constraint tag).

Particles or mograph objects are a bit more complicated as you have to ascertain the index of the particle you want to use and then obtain the position data. What I would do is clone onto the particles and then use the mograph data node to get that info. You could then have a null follow the particle and have the camera follow the null (or offset it and make it a child of the null).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]