MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D, startup woes

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Bennett
Cinema 4D, startup woes
on Oct 1, 2011 at 10:48:03 am

Hi all,

I upgraded my graphics card a few weeks ago (from a GTX460 to a GTX570), and found soon that I was having issues getting Cinema 4D to run (both R12 and R13). My install of R12 simply quit as soon as it started: no error message, the process just blinks into the Task Manager (not even a taskbar item appears) and disappears. Same happened even with the installer for R13.

However, booting in Safe Mode which disabled my graphics card driver, proved to be fine for both the application and the installer: I uninstalled R12, and installed R13. Going back to regular mode was ineffective, the same problem occurs.

Uninstalling my GPU driver and running my PC normally gives C4D the opportunity to run, though this is by no means a fix.

I'm currently running Cinema4D inside VMWare, which has got a Windows XP 32-bit install, and is fine using my graphics card and current drivers. However, this still isn't a fix by any means either: VMWare messes up with any sort of OpenGL support, meaning only my Perspective viewport is enabled, and mouse support inside the VM is dodgy as well.

Could anyone shed some light on the situation, perhaps offer a fix? Running the program in any sort of Compatibility mode (256 colors, 640x480, set it back to Windows XP) doesn't work, and neither does a fresh install or C4D and GPU drivers.

Any advice is appreciated.

-Jon

CPU: i7 950
GPU: GTX570

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Cinema 4D, startup woes
on Oct 1, 2011 at 4:25:14 pm

Sounds to me like you need to install new, or at least different nVidia drivers.

Return to posts index

Jon Bennett
on Oct 1, 2011 at 4:26:59 pm

As I said in my post, this doesn't work. I've attempted ever iteration of the GeForce driver since my card was released, and custom drivers do not work, either.

Return to posts index

Jon Bennett
on Oct 1, 2011 at 4:57:59 pm

Aha! After weeks of struggling, I've got something which is quite an easy fix.

If I go into Device Manager, and disable my graphics card, C4D opens fine, but I'm stuck at 640x480 and a severely hampered copy of the program which has no OpenGL support running. However, if I head back into Device Manager while the program runs and re-enable my GPU, it's all fine and fully working again in the right resolution.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Oct 1, 2011 at 5:59:37 pm

Good that it works, but obviously not ideal. I would fire off an e-mail to Maxon tech support and see if they can recommend a better solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]