MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Xpressodriven animations with motion blur in new physical renderer Cinema 4d r13 problems

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nisse Westfelt
Xpressodriven animations with motion blur in new physical renderer Cinema 4d r13 problems
on Sep 22, 2011 at 1:04:54 pm

I wonder if someone can answer me this question?
It seems like the new physical renderer with motion blur doesn't always work with xpresso. Ive seen this in some examples and setups(not all xpressosetups though).

The simplest way to describe it is the following.

Step 1: Put two cubes right next to eachother. Left one (A), right one (B).

Step 2: Put a "rigid bodytag" on Cube A and in the forces tab make "Follow Position" to 100.

Step 3: Ad a "Motor object" to the scene and drag Cube A in the motors "Object A" slot. Leave "Object B" slot emty.

if you now hit play, Cube A will start spinning.

NOW.

Step 4: In the coordinates of Cube A. Rightclick on "Rotation B" and choose /Animation/Set Driver.
Now click on Cube B. In coordinates rightclick "Rotation B" and choose /Animation/Set Driven(Absolute).

This setup makes Cube A drive Cube B. Both of the cubes should now spin exactly alike.

If I now render the sequense with physical renderer and Motion Blur turned ON, only Cube A gets the motion blur and Cube B is sharp like a knife.

I've seen this problem in other setups aswell and I just wonder if this is a known issue or if there is a workaround or if I'm missing something?!
I've attached the project aswell so anybody can have a look!

Note: you have to have r13.

Thanks alot!

Projectfile: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1884089/xpressoproblem%20with%20motionblur.c4d

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Xpressodriven animations with motion blur in new physical renderer Cinema 4d r13 problems
on Sep 23, 2011 at 1:36:03 am

in the help it says "You should always bake Dynamics to ensure that the motion blur is calculated correctly" I tried it and the motion blur works like you'd expect.

Return to posts index

Nisse Westfelt
Re: Xpressodriven animations with motion blur in new physical renderer Cinema 4d r13 problems
on Sep 26, 2011 at 4:28:22 pm

Yes well that much I know..
But the problem isn't just with the dynamics involved with expresso..
Here is another example..
Take a look if you got the time!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1884089/RotatorXpresso.c4d

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Sep 27, 2011 at 3:49:00 am

Add a Point Cache Tag to the cube (in the example you sent)
- check PSR
-Store State
-Calculate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]