MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Thrausi problems

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike RobertsThrausi problems
by on Sep 22, 2011 at 8:07:30 am

Hi there,

I’m trying to make a fairly simple clip where a golf buggy hits some text and the text shatters

I’ve tracked the footage in boujou and imported into C4D R11.5

I’ve then added a background and my original footage as a material on it,

Created my mo text object,

Added a floor with a rigid body tag,

Then broken the text with the Thrausi plugin at the right key frame

However I’m having a couple of problems

The text seems to shatter to fast, I’ve searched around and can’t figure out how to make the shatter a little slower

I’ve also noticed that once shattered the pieces keep wiggling on the ground and can’t figure out how to stop this, I don’t want to alter the angle of the floor as then the shadows are incorrect.

I haven’t even started to build a material for the text yet, but I’m thinking I would like to make it look as much as possible like the bricks already in the scene and possibly add a little dust in after effects once done.
Any advice on building this material would be great.

Screen shot of my project attached and video of what I have done so far (including the problems)

clip 1

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Thrausi problems
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 2:37:57 am

part of it is shoved off screen pretty quickly, try slowing down the object colliding with the text. To slow falling things down you can try lessening the gravity (or scale the text up). As for getting things to stop the help says it best

Increase the Linear Damping and Angular Damping values.
Reducing the Bounce value and increasing the Friction value will also help take the energy out of the Clones.
Increase the Linear Velocity Threshold and Angular Velocity Threshold values.
If this doesn’t help just use steamroller tactics: If Time Scale is set to 0 the simulation will freeze instantly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved