MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Thrausi texture problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam taylorThrausi texture problem
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 12:27:43 pm

I've posted this question on another site but had no replies...hopefully someone can point me in the right direction....

Using Thrausi v1.22 and C4d Studio R13.

I have a logo backing plate that i want to smash during an impact. I have created it from two spline extrusions, one slightly larger than the other with the smaller of the two shapes slightly in front of the larger. The back piece is coloured with a simple blue material, the front piece is white. These two pieces were then grouped, made editable and caps etc have all been Connect + Deleted. The end result is one object with the correct texture.

When i apply Thrausi and set it to break the object. The break works fine, but for reasons i don't understand the Blue areas now appear as mid grey, even though all the material tags for each broken piece appear to show blue and white materials.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be, and also how it can be cured?

Since writing this, I have also tried baking the texture using the Bake option on Thrausi. This seems only possible after the break has been done, and it appears to add the blue colour to the inside faces of the breaks and has the white/grey on every outer surface. A step nearer the solution but not quite right - i need the blue in its original place on the model.

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Thrausi texture problem
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 5:47:18 pm

thrausi uses the first two tags for inside and outside materials respectively. To get your setup to work put another material on the object before you break it. It should be the first one (left to right) and it will end up being the inside material. Then your other two materials will be used for the outside like you expect. (that works with Thrausi 1.36)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved