MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Effector - Specific destination?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craig whitEffector - Specific destination?
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 9:51:12 pm

Hey everyone,

A last minute change has left me a bit stumped, hoping for some assistance. I have 50 objects that form a very specific pattern (arrow) that need to travel around a circle spline, imagine the recycle symbol spinning around the z axis. They also need to fly in organically, then swarm to form this very specific pattern/alignment. I was using spline effectors with falloff to have the cloned objects fill the shape/volume of the arrow. Now, they have to form a pattern. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Effector - Specific destination?
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 3:48:30 am

You have the shape but the objects are not flying there?

Return to posts index

craig whitRe: Effector - Specific destination?
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 12:06:34 pm

Hey Brian,

I think I may have found a solution. Picture an arrow filled with 50 objects but in a grid like pattern, five rows of twenty. I drew an arrow spline and added a bunch of vertices where each cloned ball needs to appear. For the tip of the arrow, I have a second cloner setup in a pyramid shape with three vertices. Both clones are set to object clone onto the combined arrow spline with a follow spline tag....which then in conjunction with a spline wrap, spins them around the circle....whew! Haha.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved