MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Particle Geometry wtf

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan PatersonParticle Geometry wtf
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 9:58:49 pm

I am having an incredibly frustrating time with TP right now. Here is what I want- two emitters (the Standard Emitter preset) emitting two different geometries and both are in seperate groups.

That works ok. The goal is to have these two groups follow seperate splines. For some reason when I set this up (again with Follow Spline preset), my Particle Geometry (I have one for each emitter) will only render one of the shapes. This happens no matter what I do- I change groups, I replace objects. I build NEW objects... nothing. Pulling my hair out!!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Particle Geometry wtf
by on Sep 15, 2011 at 1:50:15 am

you only need one Particle Geometry (but it will work fine with two) - how may TP Follow Spline objects do you have?

Return to posts index

Ryan PatersonRe: Particle Geometry wtf
by on Sep 15, 2011 at 2:06:30 am

i have 2 TP Follow Splines... what happens if there are more than 2 Particle Geometries? I'm just wondering how Cinema actually handles them. Do you only need one object with all of the various geometries nested underneath it or do you need a new one for each new geometry you want to render?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Particle Geometry wtf
by on Sep 15, 2011 at 2:46:25 am

Particle Geometry creates the geometry.... if you have two emitters with one particle geometry object set to All you get the same number of objects (particles) as if you used two particle geometries each set to use a separate particle group.
If you have the same two particle geometries set to All you get twice as many particles (and geometry) you don't see it because the particles are duplicated in the exact same spot but the playback will be slower - try it with 4 or 5 PG's set to All -

There are reasons to use one PG for each group but it's not good to have more PG's than you have groups or to have more than one set to All. It shouldn't cause you to get no particles though, you should just get too many, so I don't know what your problem might be yet. Can you post the file?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]