MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

opengl translation?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam sanches
opengl translation?
on Sep 10, 2011 at 10:47:47 am

Hello, i have a question related to python generator for generating 3d shapes with iteration.

In opengl there are the functions translate, rotate and scale. Translate allows to translate an object with respect its initial position. The effect is accumulative and thats good for constructing structures, for example, i can create an spiral of spheres with something like this:

for i in range(100):
rotateY(32);
translate(40, 20 , 0);
sphere(33);

Is is possible to have something like this in cinema4d? I have read the documentation and i cannot find nothing related to this, is it possible to create this functionality? any idea?

A.

My mother died today, or perhaps it was yesterday

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: opengl translation?
on Sep 11, 2011 at 3:13:53 pm

This is exactly the sort of thing that MoGraph does very well. It's built into the Cloner object.

Return to posts index

adam sanches
on Sep 11, 2011 at 11:33:53 pm

Hi Adam, yes, i know i can use MoGraph's cloner , but mographs cloner and xpresso is very limited in comparation with python. There are a lot of things you can do with that simple mechanism that are very useful for form generation. Is it possible to have such as functionality in python for cinema4d?

My mother died today, or perhaps it was yesterday

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Sep 12, 2011 at 9:54:03 pm

I *think* it is possible in Python, but unfortunately I am a scripting ignoramus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]