MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

video texture render C4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Moreheadvideo texture render C4D
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 7:20:05 pm

Hey folks,
I'm using videos as textures in my C4D project. everything works fine till i go to render. i have no lighting in the project yet. when i do a hardware render, the videos look fine. when i do a full render, any video texture has a whitewashed look.
any suggestions?
Much appreciated:)

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: video texture render C4D
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 12:58:01 pm

When you have no lighting in your scene, C4D automatically renders with a default light. You can disable this in Render Settings > Options > Default Light -- but without any light at all, you won't be able to see anything in your scene.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jennifer MoreheadRe: video texture render C4D
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 2:27:03 pm

thanks for the reply. i did some troubleshooting last night and i don't think its the lighting. did renders with and with out lights, with image textures and video, all of various file types and yielded the same result.
I think it is the gamma setting as i pulled a render frame into psd and adjusted the gamma setting, which looked to correct the white value.
Do you know if there is gamma parameter in C4D?

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Adam TrachtenbergRe: video texture render C4D
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 2:59:25 pm

I would guess that the washed out look is a result of specular reflections. Try placing your video textures in the materials' luminance channels instead of color, or if you want to leave them in the color channel, disable the specular channel.

Return to posts index

Matt BowmerRe: video texture render C4D
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 5:44:43 pm

Could be your colour profiles? By default the renderer uses a linear workflow, but applies a display profile to the viewport and outputs files with an sRGB profile. Try changing your output profile in case you've got a dodgy one (a similar problem cropped up with calibrated profiles under Final Cut X).

Alternatively, have you got much luminance in your textures? That often looks significantly different when rendered, since the viewport doesn't have a high dynamic range.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved