MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

very basic question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alice kohvery basic question
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 4:00:28 pm

Hi I am totally new to cinema 4D. Can anyone guide me or suggest to me where can I get basic manual to operate 4D such as how to draw SPline and how to edit spline. Most of the books available at the library straight away jump to model an object without. They will show pictures of splines points of a vase but didn't show how to create a point in the first place. Appreciate your help

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: very basic question
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 4:36:40 pm

I would suggest you start with the included documentation which you can access through the help menu. You can also right-click on anything in the attributes manager and choose "show help" from the menu to get context-sensitive help.

Return to posts index

alice kohRe: very basic question
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 4:08:55 am

Actually I am playing with the demo cinema 4d at this moment. I would like to review the user friendliness, controllability and capability of cinema 4d before deciding to purchase the software as it is rather expensive. Demo doesn't come with help functions and thus I am totally lost now.

If the demo could come with the basic help function will be good as when new users are comfortable that they can use and play around with it, the change of purchase is higher.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: very basic question
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 2:16:36 pm

I guess they don't include it because it's quite a large download. You can download it separately, as well as quick start materials, here:

You might also check out's Cinema series which is geared toward new users. is a subscription site by Maxon USA that provides comprehensive video tutorials, but it also has a lot of free content if you register.

Another site with a lot of tutorials is

And of course we at the Cow forum are happy to answer any specific questions you might have.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved