MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Better OS for Cinema 4D and After Effects?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Vincent Razo
Better OS for Cinema 4D and After Effects?
on Aug 22, 2011 at 2:09:54 pm

Hey guys! Newbie here. I have a Mid 2010 15" Macbook Pro and I was wondering which OS should I use for Cinema 4D and After Effects. I've done some small motion graphics projects on After Effects on OS X so I have experience with how long render times can be sometimes. Just wanted to know if, let's say, I make a simple motion graphics project on AE...which OS would perform better in terms of render times, etc. Same goes for Cinema 4D as well. Will performance be better in my Windows 7 or should I just stick to Lion? Cheers!

Here are my MBP's specs btw:

Mac OS X Lion
Intel Core i5 2.4GHz
8GB DDR3
220GB for Lion
100GB for Windows 7 (64bit)

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
Re: Better OS for Cinema 4D and After Effects?
on Aug 22, 2011 at 2:39:56 pm

For me , one thing usually I dont recommend is getting the OS after they release to the market, because in most of the times, all the plugins for AE are not updated, usually takes a few months. I am still working in Snow Leopard. And being honest, I will keep working with it maybe 1 year more...
I hope it helps.

Return to posts index

Jan Vincent Razo
on Aug 23, 2011 at 12:03:53 am

I know what you mean mate. Upgrading to Lion was a big mistake. Should have just stayed with SL. I guess I'll have to try doing some projects on Windows7 to see if there's any difference in performance. The way I see it, OS X doesn't utilise it's Nvidia graphics card. I think it uses the Intel one, I think. I dunno, maybe that's just me.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Aug 23, 2011 at 4:21:41 am

Can't speak to AE on OSX, but as far as Cinema goes there shouldn't be much difference if you have equivalent hardware.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Aug 23, 2011 at 8:45:58 am

Well, in my case, I have been using my macbook pro and my osx, everything runs way better than in native windows. And not only that, including windows with parallels, was kind of mistake too, because you are running virtually windows on a mac, so most of the applications does not run really well..

My advice, use only snow leopard, the best option for now.

Return to posts index

Jan Vincent Razo
on Aug 23, 2011 at 2:32:57 pm

Maybe I'll just revert back to SL then. I'll see. Thanks for that mate! Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]