MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Any way to make particles fade up (opacity) when emitted?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Paterson
Any way to make particles fade up (opacity) when emitted?
on Aug 18, 2011 at 3:38:07 am

using TP

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
Re: Any way to make particles fade up (opacity) when emitted?
on Aug 18, 2011 at 9:46:13 pm

Not exactly sure what you are asking... thinking particles or just a regular emitter? Gravity fade up, (as in negative gravity) or opacity? Please be more specific with what your desired outcome is.

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
on Aug 18, 2011 at 10:44:44 pm

Sorry, I didn't see that the title had opacity in it. I tried to tie the lifetime of the emitted object to a visibility tag, but all I seem to be able to come up with is opacity turning up from the initial emission.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 18, 2011 at 11:53:48 pm

one way is to put a Display tag on the particle and keyframe the Use Visibility there over as many frames as you want.

Return to posts index

Ryan Paterson
on Aug 19, 2011 at 4:22:25 pm

yeah that totally works! I have no idea why it works, but it works! So does this mean that each particle has its own "timeline" when it's born? I had been assuming that keyframes on the timeline were absolute when it came to particles, but if they're relative that's very cool.. thank you!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 19, 2011 at 8:10:10 pm

yes, sort of "each has it's own timeline" but not completely. If you animate parameters or even PLA it works like you saw. Tags like Display which affect only that one object work too but if you try the same thing with Materials it doesn't work (maybe because a material is kind of an "object" in it's own right and you can put one texture on many objects in a scene). So if you try the same thing by animating the alpha in a material and putting the material on the object they just all fade up together instead of independently.

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
on Aug 20, 2011 at 12:00:43 am

Wow. Easy, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]