MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Importing .obj files into C4d using riptide

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent NewtonImporting .obj files into C4d using riptide
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 9:22:37 pm

Hello everyone. I just purchased and downloaded an .obj file from turbosquid. It would help tremendously to have the materials and mapping import with it. I downloaded Riptide, as it is often referred to as the solution to this problem. Unfortunately I'm having a tremendous amount of trouble getting it to work properly.

When I try to import the .obj through Riptide, all the objects parts appear to be in my objects box. But the model itself doesn't appear anywhere in the viewport. I thought it might be some kind of scale issue, but trying different scales hasn't helped.

Additionally, the textures are not importing. Do I need an .mtl file for that to work? I didn't receive one from Turbosquid when they gave me the files.

I am on a Mac running OS 10.6.7 - My C4D is release 10 - Riptide R9.1+ v1.9 - PC, Mac PPC, Mac UB

Any help you guys could give me would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Importing .obj files into C4d using riptide
by on Aug 19, 2011 at 12:17:20 am

Not sure what the objects not appearing problem is, but you do need an .mtl file which is what tells the file translator how to assign the materials.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved