MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Modeling Advice

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robyn RhodesModeling Advice
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 5:32:04 pm

I need advice on how to model this yogurt container. What's the best way to approach something like this?

I am VERY new to modeling.
thanks as always.

r

I'm only half the thing I say I am, the other half are me.

Return to posts index

Steven MacKenzieRe: Modeling Advice
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 5:51:56 pm

I would probably start out with a primitive cylinder, add some height segments. Drag in a taper deformer, adjust it until the shape suits your liking. Make a copy of the the deformed cylinder, hide it. select the visible cylinder press "c" to make it editable. Make a loop selection of the cylinder's top, press delete. Select the cylinder's side walls, bevel them out a little to give the object some depth.

At this point you should have the basic shape of the yogurt container. You might want to add a lid and start texturing. Its likely you will need to do some custom uvw mapping to get the branding graphics to wrap the container. There are a ton of tutorials that can walk you through this part.

If you are in a time pinch and its still not looking how you want, check out turbo squid.
http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?keyword=yogurt&x=0&y=0

Hope this help some.
-Steve

Return to posts index

Robyn RhodesRe: Modeling Advice
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 10:07:52 pm

Thanks Steve I ended up creating splines in illustrator from the plan view of the container and extruding.

I'm only half the thing I say I am, the other half are me.

Return to posts index

Jesse McClearRe: Modeling Advice
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 8:20:27 pm

You could extrude the shapes, and Join them by Bridging polygons, or Boole the pieces together. Once the basic shapes are connected, optimize the model and start working on all bevels, etc.

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: Modeling Advice
by on Aug 16, 2011 at 2:06:19 pm

I would have used the splines in a loft nurbs.

/Randy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]