MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Moving Anchor Points?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle SowdenMoving Anchor Points?
by on Aug 7, 2011 at 7:16:10 pm

I'm in C4D, i've made a spinning circle coming from one direction then text spins in from another direction to 'stick to' it.

But now I want to spin the circle AND the text away together. But they're anchor points are in different places.

How would I change them?

Or how would I keyframe a 'group objects' because this seems to have the same effect, but messes with my earlier keyframes

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Moving Anchor Points?
by on Aug 7, 2011 at 10:31:05 pm

Probably the easiest way would be to put both objects inside a null. Animate them separately for the individual movement and then animate the null to move both together.

Return to posts index

Kyle SowdenRe: Moving Anchor Points?
by on Aug 8, 2011 at 4:09:05 am

That sounds like it would work :D I'll try that now

Return to posts index

by on Aug 8, 2011 at 4:45:07 am

Okay, i've tried what you said and it seems to work, except for the fact that the anchor, or rotation point is always at the bottom of the circle. I need it at the centre of the circle.

Even when I change the anchor point with the object axis tool, the circle just jumps up so that the anchor point is still at the base of the circle

Return to posts index

Steven MacKenzieRe: Moving Anchor Points?
by on Aug 8, 2011 at 7:03:02 pm

Try setting your timeline to frame 0, create a new Null Object, set its position to the center of the circle (or where ever you want the anchor point/rotation point to be) then make the object that you want to rotate a child of the Null by dragging it under the layer.

At this point I used a little xpresso to link the object. Right click on the rotation property you animated in the main circle, select "Animation > Set Driver" then select the same rotation property in the null, right click it and select "Animation > Set Driven"

Let me know if this helps at all. I'm also attaching the file I used to trouble shoot.

Cheers!
Steve

2758_cubes.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

by on Aug 9, 2011 at 5:59:52 pm

Sorry, as soon as I add the objects under the 'null object' the objects jump on top of the null's anchor. so It's impossible to centre the anchor :/

I'll look at that file now

Return to posts index

by on Aug 9, 2011 at 6:00:49 pm

And I tried opening the file and "picture viewer cannot open file" appeared?

Return to posts index

Steven MacKenzieRe: Moving Anchor Points?
by on Aug 15, 2011 at 5:36:00 pm

Yeah, I just read up and discovered that c4d r 12 doesn't have a legacy save mode. Sorry man, keep plugging away. You'll figure it out.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 15, 2011 at 11:46:36 pm

Damn in. Thanks for all your help though (: I'm sure I will eventually

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]