MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

3D Image fillet cap?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Sowden
3D Image fillet cap?
on Aug 6, 2011 at 10:59:32 pm

Okay, so this has probably got a really simple answer, but I don't know what it is, i'm completely new to C4D..

So what i've done is found this image > http://xenotransplant.ineu.org/images/biohazard.gif
Opened it up in Photoshop, deleted the background and exported the path to Illustrator.
I then 'merged' the .ai in Cinema 4D and added it to extrude NURBS and it became 3D.

I don't actually know if that was the right way about doing things, but now i'm looking to add a fillet cap to the 3d image.

What do I do?

Return to posts index

Kyle Sowden
Re: 3D Image fillet cap?
on Aug 6, 2011 at 11:40:15 pm

Okay, so I found out what the problem is. I was using the magic wand tool instead of creating my own path which was creating multiple paths in C4D.
But because using the pen tool doesn't give as nice an edge, any ideas on how to do it using the magic wand tool?

Return to posts index

Kyle Sowden
on Aug 7, 2011 at 12:43:50 am

Okay, so. The method I have works completely fine if it is a single path, like a square or something.

But if you see the biohazard symbol, I would have to finish one path and move onto another to do the lines between the circles and the smaller middle circle. Then it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 7, 2011 at 5:33:29 am

after exporting the path as Illustrator it comes in as 6 paths, yes? Either select the 6 paths and do a Functions/Connect (or Connect and Delete) and put the resulting single path in the extrude or put all 6 paths in the Extrude and check Hierarchical in the Extrude.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]