MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Can C4D do this?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry WattsCan C4D do this?
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 5:54:50 pm

I'm producing a TV program which will have a virtual set, an onscreen host behind a high tech "desk" and will need to play video clips on a virtual screen etc. We would do a virtual 3 camera switch for different angles and dolly moves,
In MAYA the host would be a "sprite" rendered into the scene.

Can anyone tell me if Cinema 4D can create all the shots needed for after effects comps? I know it can render the scenes, but I'm not sure what tools it has like MAYA's sprites. It says it can import into AE very well.

I like C4D's interface and intuitive layout. I love the gorgeous interior renders.

But can with the right talent do a believable composition of virtual and real?

Return to posts index

Greg BurrusRe: Can C4D do this?
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 6:27:24 pm

If you can make it look good then yes you can a make a complete set. You can import video into c4d but it would be better to do it in after effects. The integration with c4d and after effects is as good as it gets I think, with the ability to use object buffers to mask things and external composting tag to place things. You also can get c4d lights in ae as well and more.

I don't see why you couldn't create a good virtual set. You could do this just in ae using 2.5d which has been done before. There a good break down on creative cow on this I think. Maybe somebody will reply that has made in c4d

Hope this helps.

Greg - Blog - Portfolio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved