MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Animation Flicker

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy KempAnimation Flicker
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 6:14:22 pm

Hoping someone can help me here. I just finished this spot, but am having flicker problems on my camera moves. I have tried changing my antialiasing settings from Still Image to Animation to Blend, rendering at 60 fps instead of 30 and nothing has seemed to help.

Right now, my Max Level for Anti-Aliasing is set Best, Min. 1x1 and Max. 2x2. I don't think this is my problem and cannot really afford render times with it set higher.

Global Illumination and Ambient Occlusion are both off. I have 3 lights in the scene, all with shadows set to soft.

I am rendering PSD sequences and importing into after effects with the same frame rate.

Any ideas??

Flicker Problem

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Animation Flicker
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 12:38:18 am

I'm not seeing flicker only some 'stuttering' in the camera pans (I think that's a motion blur fix). The only other thing is the spine of the book under the spiral bound book does a light 'pop' at frame 537-538. That might be just a light being exposed once the magazine page turn gets far enough (and not a real problem)

Return to posts index

Jeremy KempRe: Animation Flicker
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 4:22:57 am

Thanks for your reply!

I don't believe I had motion blur turned on for this in cinema. I tried adding RSMB(real smart motion blur) in after effects to try and minimize the stutter, but it only helped when the camera was moving fast enough. It's most noticeable on the first initial camera move across the boots when the pages first open. I can't seem to get rid of it here,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved