MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D Importing Vector Logo .... ?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristian Aarli
Cinema 4D Importing Vector Logo .... ?
on Aug 2, 2011 at 8:50:04 pm

Hi.
I was going to import the vector logo AlJazeera and make it 3D...
But when I:
1: Clicked "File"
2: Clicked "Open..."
3: Choosed the vector logo and opened it in Cinema..
It just came up a window like this: cinematilcreativecow.png

So pleeeeeeas help me!!! :D

Kristian

Return to posts index

Tim Shetz
Re: Cinema 4D Importing Vector Logo .... ?
on Aug 2, 2011 at 11:22:56 pm

You should be using FILE > MERGE

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Kristian Aarli
on Aug 3, 2011 at 7:47:09 am

Sorry. That doesn`t work either. I can`t get it :(
I`ve also tried to drop it in Cinema but the picture viewer (render window) Just pops up!...

Kristian

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 3, 2011 at 2:44:08 pm

what is the format of the vector logo?

Return to posts index

Kristian Aarli
on Aug 3, 2011 at 3:05:20 pm

.gif

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 3, 2011 at 3:57:26 pm

then it's not a vector logo, it's just an image. Ideally you'd want an Illustrator 8 file

Return to posts index

Kristian Aarli
on Aug 3, 2011 at 4:17:42 pm

I have done made it that to. And tried it :) But the thing that happens then is that the project name changes. But nothing appears on the work area...

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 3, 2011 at 4:39:37 pm

to avoid the project name changing do what Tim said, use File/Merge instead of using File/Open, but either way if nothing shows when you load it in that might mean the file is corrupt (or not right somehow) or possibly it's coming in at a very small scale and it's too small to see. Can you post the vector file?

Return to posts index

Kristian Aarli
on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:16:01 pm

Hi.
I dont think the file is corrupt because I`ve tried to import other logos and images to. But those have the same result!
Check this images(this is a snapshot after I imported the Illustrator 8 file): creativecowquestion.png

Please. Hope you have the right answer! :D

Kristian

Return to posts index

Tim Shetz
on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:28:24 pm

It might be easier to help figure out the problem if you could post the file as Brian mentioned. That way we can try to import it or at least determine if there is a problem with the file.

If you have an illustrator 8 file and it's not corrupt, you should get something when you do a merge...or even an open.

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to go from a .gif to an illustrator 8 file? If you just placed the .gif in Illustrator and then saved it as an illustrator 8 file, it is still not a vector graphic. You would either need to convert it (via livetrace, redrawing it yourself, of finding an actual vector version) and THEN save it as illustrator 8.

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Kristian Aarli
on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:38:22 pm

What is a vector logo actually? Could you find the vector logo here then?: http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/search/logo/AlJazeera

Check if the Illustrator file is corrupt then ;) : 2732_tv2nlogoforcinema.ai.zip

Kristian

Return to posts index

Tim Shetz
on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:42:04 pm

Here is a vector logo:

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/logo/aljazeera-0

It is in a corel draw format, but should be able to be read by Illustraor 9 and above. Once you open it, do a save as. When the dialog comes up asking you which version, save as an illustrator 8 file. You should then be able to merge or open in Cinema.

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Tim Shetz
on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:46:11 pm

As I suspected, you placed the gif into illustrator and saved it out. That doesn't convert to vector.

If you are going to be working with graphics programs, this might be a good read so you know the differences between the formats you run into:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_file_formats

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:33:01 pm

if it will only load into the Picture Viewer or not at all it is not an Illustrator 8 file. It may be an Illustrator file but it was not saved out to the older Illustrator 8 format.

Return to posts index

Kristian Aarli
on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:53:56 pm

Brian: It was saved in Illustrator 8 file. The other guy has right :)

Return to posts index

Kristian Aarli
on Aug 3, 2011 at 8:00:56 pm

Could someone just make it and make it 3d for me and send me the project file to kristiankor@gmail.com? Please :)
I would be so thankfull! :D

Kristian

Return to posts index

Kristian Aarli
on Aug 3, 2011 at 9:15:17 pm

Finally! I livetraced the logo inside of Illustrator and saved it as an Illustrator 8. And I got it inside of Cinema! Check this snap: 0_creativecowquestion.png

But it`s always something...! ;) I can`t make it 3D... Uhhh!
Please Help :)

Kristian

Return to posts index

Tim Shetz
on Aug 3, 2011 at 10:10:20 pm

The link I sent you WAS for a vector image. If you downloaded it, you could have opened it in Illustrator, then saved it. Did you save the image from the download page rather than downloading the file?

If you start here:

http://www.c4dtraining.com/blog/?cat=4&paged=2

And work your way through the four tutorials on that page, you'll be much more confident doing this. It's pretty straightforward, but you should learn from the beginning... you'll be glad you did.

Hope it helps.

Tim

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Scott Warren
on Feb 13, 2014 at 4:58:47 pm

Tim,

Thanks for posting the link to those C4D tutorials! They have helped me out quite a bit in working through this new interface. What I am now having problems with is the logo's spline. I'm curious about a couple of other things:

1. The logo (when you open it in AI or PS) has color. Does that color information carry into C4D?

2. If you notice in the screen shot attached, the outer spline is a little messed up. Is there a way to fix that? Will that affect the final look of the logo when converted into a 3D logo?

screenshot2014-02-13at11.54.56am.png

Dealing with a novice in working with 3D...editor by trade and working to become more familiar with this side of the creation process. I appreciate any insight.

Scott Warren

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]