MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

clothilde weight mapping

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gage Ullmanclothilde weight mapping
by on Aug 2, 2011 at 7:46:09 pm

Hey, I'm trying to get a specific text effect, something that looks like letters flapping in the wind, possibly made of newspaper or burlap or trash of some sort. It's got to be high wind, like a tornado, so it needs to be flapping violently, BUT it still needs to be readable. I'm using clothilde... there might be an easier way, but I think it would be cool if I could get it to work like this.

Anyway, I initially wanted it to look like a piece of newspaper blew in, slammed against the camera, and then peeled off and flew away, so I belted the corners of the paper to some cubes and pulled fabric into position with them, then pulled it off. So NOW I'm looking to make the middle part of the paper... I dunno, stiffer or something. So that it doesn't move as much in the middle as it does on the edges. My gut says could use weight-mapping to accomplish this, but I don't really know how... when I make a vertex map and put it on "stiffness" or "mass," nothing really seemed to happen. I actually have no idea how weight mapping works, so... I dunno... any thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved