MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Simple Texture Mapping Question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan PatersonSimple Texture Mapping Question
by on Aug 2, 2011 at 5:04:03 pm

I am having an exceedingly difficult time with something that I assume is very simple- I am using a sphere to represent two charges of ions- one positive, one negative. All I want to do is make a sphere with a plus sign laid over top.

I made a selection on the sphere, put my .png on it, fixed the alpha aaaaand- it looks bizarre. I have tried just about every mapping option possible but I just cannot get it right. It keeps doing all this weird tiling/scaling... I dunno, I'm at a loss.

Any tips on this would be great, thanks!

Return to posts index

Greg BurrusRe: Simple Texture Mapping Question
by on Aug 2, 2011 at 5:23:47 pm

If its a tiling issue you can turn that off under the projection types. You also may want to right click the texture and choose fit to object or one of the other option. Sometimes it's just playing with the offset a bunch

hope that helps

Greg - Blog - Portfolio

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Simple Texture Mapping Question
by on Aug 3, 2011 at 2:57:51 am

I would suggest selecting the object and texture tag and then activating the texture axis tool. That will give you a visible representation of the texture projection which you can then move/scale/rotate to taste. Flat or spherical projection will probably work best, depending on how much of the sphere is covered.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved