MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Filling Object with Particles

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen turcotteFilling Object with Particles
by on Jul 31, 2011 at 1:25:03 pm

Is there a way to fill an object with particles, say a cube filled with tiny spheres, without having to play through the animation until the objects settle?

I've been using a cloner object and dynamics to contain the particles within my object, but I've run into trouble due to the high amount of particles and the amount of time is takes them to settle. So basically I'm looking to have them settled at frame one.

Any Ideas?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Filling Object with Particles
by on Jul 31, 2011 at 7:34:18 pm

in the Dynamics tab of the Dynamics Body Tag for your particles is the button "Set Initial State". Let your particles settle then click that button and they will start where they settled to.

Return to posts index

stephen turcotteRe: Filling Object with Particles
by on Jul 31, 2011 at 8:49:03 pm

yes! very good.

Return to posts index

Doug OsborneRe: Filling Object with Particles
by on Mar 15, 2012 at 10:59:16 pm

How about if you just want them to settle faster?

I'm filling an object with different types of particles that have to fill to a particular height. i.e. Red particles fill 4 inches of the object, blue particles fill 5 inches, green particles fill 3 inches. Problem is, by the time the green particles hit, the red particles have settled well below the 4 inch line throwing everything off. I can't really wait for them to settle without completely throwing off the timing of the segment. Speeding up the settling in after effects also looks weird because you can see everything settling at light speed.

I've tried turning up the linear and angular dampening, but that hasn't helped much. Tried increasing friction too. Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved