MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Rendering Faster..

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick FalangasRendering Faster..
by on Jul 22, 2011 at 10:21:44 pm

Hey Everyone, I have been using Cinema4D now for a year and I have a mac pro 8 core fully loaded with the nehalem processors... My question is what could I do to speed up my render times? I am willing to spend anywhere from a 1,000-2,000 dollars and I am just wondering what other cinema 4d users do? I am exporting for HDTV720p and anti aliasing is at best with min at 1x1 and max 2x2 and for a 4 second logo it took me.. hmm.. maybe 18 hours?

What kind of workflow is that?

DO I need another computer or somehow hook up more processors to Render??

look forward to your answer

Return to posts index

Sebastian HageneuerRe: Rendering Faster..
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 8:37:14 am

I would say your machine is fine. It is probably something with your render settings? Try to get some insights into to different options. Somethings don't need to be rendered and can consume a lot of time. Try to watch this from GreyScaleGorilla:

Good luck!

artefacts - visualising the ancient world

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Rendering Faster..
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 2:17:43 pm

Hard to say without knowing more about your scene(s). Are you rendering with scene motion blur? If so you can probably eliminate AA altogether. Are you using GI? Rendering scenes with high-poly objects, or scenes with hundreds or thousands of objects?

Certainly you can always add additional computers and make use of network rendering.

Return to posts index

Gaz EvansRe: Rendering Faster..
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 11:21:21 am

When I need to get some rendering done quick I use a render farm, they are less expensive than people think and the client is usually happy to take the cost. The one I use is Render-IT (

Gaz Evans

Workflow Technician
The diROOM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved