MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Convert Bones To Joints And Keep Animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daniel spagnolConvert Bones To Joints And Keep Animation
by on Jul 17, 2011 at 12:58:04 pm

I'm using Cinema 4D r11.5 and when I import a motion capture file that I downloaded from into cinema 4D it imports in bones instead of joints. When I converted the bones to joints I lost the animation. Then I used the retarget tag found in the character tags to transfer the bones rig animation onto the joints rig and it worked fine. However When I imported the rig binded to the character into unity 3 (game engine) it all got messed up.

The question is how am I going to transfer the animation from bones to joints without using the retarget tag??

Thanks in advance

Please HELP!!

The installation consists of a number of cylinders touching each other. I would like to create a mechanism to separated these cylinders by means of the red cylinder as the latter moves its way on a spline through the cylinders. The cylinders are fixed by an off-centre pivot.

I am finding difficulties to move the red cylinder through the other cylinders.

Is there a way to use xpresso to solve this problem?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Convert Bones To Joints And Keep Animation
by on Jul 18, 2011 at 3:35:25 am

I haven't tried it (don't have Unity), but I would imagine that you will have to bake the joint animation as Unity won't recognize the retargeting tag. Motion clips might work for this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved