MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dynamics clones falling through colliders?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael TaylorDynamics clones falling through colliders?
by on Jul 14, 2011 at 4:42:52 pm

I'm trying to set up a few dynamics projects and I keep getting the same problem: I create a large number of clones and apply a rigid body tag to them, then once the dynamics kick in and the clones start falling, several of them pass through an object I have set up as a collider. I have the collider tag set to Static Mesh for it's Shape. I'm not sure if this needs to be fixed via the RIgid Body tag on the cloner or the Collider tag on the object they are supposed to be bouncing off off, not going through. Any ideas? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Dynamics clones falling through colliders?
by on Jul 14, 2011 at 4:50:11 pm

You probably need to increase substeps in Project Settings.

Return to posts index

Mekael AduRe: Dynamics clones falling through colliders?
by on May 20, 2012 at 8:50:05 am

i'm having the same problem... i've increased the substep but some are still falling through.

"dynamic tag on several ploys in 5 emminter coliding in a edited motext connected with dynamic tag static mesh."

frame subset 25

4gb 2.66 i5 dual
r 12
any help would b great

Mekael mekaeladu@yahoo.com or creative cow

Mekael

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Dynamics clones falling through colliders?
by on May 21, 2012 at 11:36:02 pm

it might help to use Size Increment and/or Use Margin in the Collision tab

Return to posts index

Mekael AduRe: Dynamics clones falling through colliders?
by on May 22, 2012 at 1:04:47 pm

Hi Brian

Thanks for replying i think the problem was tryin to add the rigid mesh tag to an edited Motext word which had been split and connected.

(the idea was to fill the word with dynamic objetcs through emmitters)

PART FIX: I added the rig tag to the splited motext not with the conneted, and checked staic mesh with children.
alot less particals came out but three quaters through the animation they start to spill out again.
the steps increments are really high and the playback is very slow even when i've bake the dynamics.

SO; i've simplied this this and gone for a simple cilinder to fill, which works fine But the render time are hideious 18-20min per frame

with "NO" GI,soft shadow lights, ray depth and pass 6% 2% 6% AA on 1x1 2x2, Ambitent Ouc low, low refelection on material and nearlly anthing elese i can switch off without totally comproming the overall out.

Out of one problem staight in to the next !!!

Mekael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]