MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

render time is taking longer than usual

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mouhamad Ali Darwich
render time is taking longer than usual
on Jul 14, 2011 at 3:29:33 pm

hello, i was trying to render my scene in cinema 4d r12 and i surprised by the render time!!! it takes 5 times longer than usual .. i've tried to render the scene on other computers that have the same performance and render takes normal time :S
any help please ???

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
Re: render time is taking longer than usual
on Jul 14, 2011 at 4:14:01 pm

What other processes are running on your computer at the time of render? Are you networked and pulling any materials from a server versus your desktop/local machine?

Maybe an extra light was added or the render settings slightly changed enough?

That's probably frustrating!

Return to posts index

Mouhamad Ali Darwich
on Jul 14, 2011 at 6:26:24 pm

first .. thanks fo replying :)
actualy no extra processes are running on the machine and i'm not networked and no extra like are added .. i've tried to render it with the same settings on other computers .. it takes 1 minute .. but for mu computer it takes about 5 minutes .. i thinking about hardware problems .. because it happend suddenly :S

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
on Jul 15, 2011 at 3:28:40 pm

Yes, well completely shutting down and restarting will point to that if it is the issue. Not just logging out or switching users, but shutting down.

There are many temp-caches in an OS whether Windows or Mac that are not always available besides through command-line coding and even then not easily but shutting down wipes all temp caches completely.

Maybe you had a software update for your video card?

I've had something similar but restarting has fixed it in the past.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]