MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Rigid Body + Cloner Object + Fall Off

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay ingles
Rigid Body + Cloner Object + Fall Off
on Jul 11, 2011 at 9:08:04 pm

Hi All, I've searched but with no luck.

I've built a scene where a bunch of coins/money falls into the scene from above, bounces on the ground, then settles. When i apply Rigid Body all the coins want to drop at the same time.

What effector would i use to control Fall Off so that as the Fall Off "sphere" leaves the Cloner Object the coins individually begin to drop to the ground.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Greg Burrus
Re: Rigid Body + Cloner Object + Fall Off
on Jul 12, 2011 at 1:54:54 pm

I'm not sure if a effector can effect the dynamic clonners in that manner or I haven't figured it out yet.

Some options you could try is setting the dynamic to trigger on contact so they fall once they are hit with some thing. Then just run something through them above and have them fall.

You could also use mograph selection tool to set a group to fall at once then another. Though this might not work for a lot of individual items.

The last idea I have is to use a particle emitter that launches out a set amount of coins then stops. You could apply a dynamic tag and they could fall on the ground and settle.

Hope that helps and if you figure out a better way please share.

Greg

http://mogra.g2bproductions.com/ - Blog
http://g2bproductions.com/ - Portfolio

Return to posts index

jay ingles
on Jul 13, 2011 at 4:35:35 pm

Thanks Brian and Greg. Really good insight.

I think the plain effector with "peak velocity" should do the track. Wouldn't have figured that out without your help.

appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 13, 2011 at 2:06:30 am

another possibility is to set the Dynamic Trigger to At Velocity Peak and move the coins a bit with a plain effector.

2580_sequentialdrop.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 13, 2011 at 2:15:03 pm

another couple of possibilities are to generate the coins as particles - or drop the mass of coins into a funnel or hopper that limits the flow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]